A conference on “A Brief Introduction to Financial Research through Technical Analysis” was organized by IEM Management Department in collaboration with CMT on 23rd September, 2020, starting from 5:00 pm.
• The Definition: What is Technical Analysis (TA)
• The Assumptions in TA
• Can future be predicted by looking at the past? Introduction to Random Walk Hypothesis (RWH) & Efficient Market Hypothesis (EMH)
• Introduction to Behavioral Finance: Refuting the Myth of Efficient Market.
• A Brief Introduction to Trend Identification through TA & their application in Recent Market Scenario.
• CMT Association: The Gold Standard in Technical Analysis. • Job roles & Career Prospect for Technical Analysts in India & abroad.
About the Speakers:-
Sumoy Goswami, CMT
Sumoy completed his graduation in Mechanical Engineering from Jadavpur University, Kolkata. He has been associated with the Financial Services Industry since 2007. He is an avid believer of Evidence Based TA & runs his own volatility breakout models in Nifty, Stocks, Bitcoin & Crude Oil in the prop account of his firm. Sumoy is also a passionate teacher of Technical Analysis and enjoys sharing his knowledge while learning something new from everyone. His favorite hobbies include playing Chess and indulging in Nature Photography
Joel Pannikot runs the India operations of the CMT Association. He has spent over 19 years across the education -technology industry including commercial education, corporate training, K -12, and continuing professional education. He has led 3 ed – tech start -ups. Before this, Joel was the CEO of Zaya Learning Labs, an ed – technology social enterprise. He also built Teach – A -Class Foundation, a section -8 NGO, into India’s first crowdfunding platform for school teachers. From 2010 to 2017, Joel ran Bloomberg L.P.’s Education Strategy across the Asia Pacific, supporting top universities and B -schools. He is a movie -loving foodie with a severe case of wanderlust. Like his Twitter handle, he loves to @PunnyQuote .
23rd September, 2020
5:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Press Release regarding 1st and 3rd rank of IEM-UEM in West Bengal Private Engineering College Rankings by Times of India
Press Release in Ananda Bazaar Patrika regarding the very First Indian app by the students for the students
Enginious under the banner of IEI-IEM Electrical & Mechanical students’ chapter has been published in IEI newsletter