Involving Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) activities has been widespread across diverse types of businesses in various industries and countries. As a result, it has attracted considerable amounts of interests from academia for decades and the concept has evolved from ‘social’ obligation to an ‘stakeholder’ obligation.
Students of MBA/PGDM at Institute of Engineering & Management, Management House campus all through the year find themselves privileged to extend their helping hands to the society through various kinds of “activities”:
1. IEM, Department of Management in association with “Dhhatri” Foundation organized “Stem Cell Banking” Campaign to spread awareness among people regarding stem cell preservation to combat fatal diseases.
February 10-February 10, 2018
2. “Humane: An Outcry” is an environmental education and CSR campaign for IEM Management/MBA students in association with Humane Society International/India that works to help animals through campaign against factory farming and street animals mainly “street dogs” & birds. The primary features of “Humane: An Outcry” are to take care of Street dogs in & around College campuses and to provide food & water to birds & other street animals. The participants were Management/MBA students, the program was held during Management Fest, and total it was a 7-day outdoor camp.
March 12-19, 2018
3. MBA/PGDM students participated in another camp co-hosted by ‘Humane Society International’- one of the largest animal protection organizations in the world on 2018 when they visited “Howrah Vivekananda Institution”. The program consisted of lectures, meditation, games and CSR activities along with street animals and environment welfare.
June 15, June 15-June 15, 2018
4. Department of Management & IEM e-Cell Management in association with Titan Eye+ cordially invited all (Faculty members & staff of Institute of Engineering & Management) for a Free Eye check up 2018 at Management House campus. Free eye testing for all Faculty members & Staff (from 11.30 am to 4.30pm) in association with Shankar Netralaya, Kolkata team was done with huge participation.
September 28-September 28, 2018
5. A visit to SOS Children House: An Orphanage on Children’s Day was arranged by IEM, Department of Management to deliver “love, care & affection” in the form of “books, clothing & food”.
November 14-November 14, 2018
6. A Day with “Street Children” was made beautiful by our MBA/PGDM students on the eve of Christmas with distribution of warm cloths, books & drawing books.
November 30-November 30, 2018