Objective of this lab is to make students learn about the concept of logic programming using PROLOG. The students will learn how to derive inference from the facts. They will also learn about the concept of logical reasoning and machine learning.
Hardware: Desktop computers with Dual core processor and 2GB RAM and 500GB HDD
OS: Ubuntu 14.04
Learning Outcome: The student must be able to convert from one number system to another, work out problems
related to Boolean algebra, minimisation problems etc. The student must also learn to differentiate between the
combinational and sequential circuits and design simple circuits. The learner will be trained to compare the merits and demerits of the different amplifiers and must be able to bias the transistors accordingly; the student must be able to design multivibrator circuits using 555 timers
ANALOG: At least any two of the following
1. Design a Class A amplifier
2. Design a Phase-Shift Oscillator
3. Design of a Schmitt Trigger using 555 timer.
DIGITAL : At least any five of the following
1. Design a Full Adder using basic gates and verify its output / Design a Full Subtractor circuit using basic gates and verify its output.
2. Construction of simple Decoder & Multiplexer circuits using logic gates.
3. Realization of RS / JK / D flip flops using logic gates.
4. Design of Shift Register using J-K / D Flip Flop.
5. Realization of Synchronous Up/Down counter.
6. Design of MOD- N Counter
7. Study of DAC .
Digital electronics trainer kit
All laboratory assignments are based on Hardware Description Language (VHDL or Verilog) Simulation.
[Pre-requisite: The hardware based design has been done in the Analog & Digital Electronics laboratory and Computer
1. HDL introduction
2. Basic digital logic base programming with HDL
3. 8-bit Addition, Multiplication, Division
4. 8-bit Register design
5. Memory unit design and perform memory operatons.
6. 8-bit simple ALU design
7. 8-bit simple CPU design
8. Interfacing of CPU and Memory
Xilinx lab tool
1. To get some basic knowledge on realization of basic gates using IC chips.
2. To learn how to design and build various Combinational digital circuits using basic gates and digital
3. To learn memory hierarchy concepts with the design of RAM chip design and also implements arithmatic, logical and shifting operations using ALU chip design.Gain knowledge on Hardware and digital System Design through implementation of various digital circuits
using IC chips.
Trainer kit (Omega BBS-105)
Digital IC Chips (74LS00,74LS04,74LS08,74LS32,74LS02,74LS83,74LS153,74LS151,74LS138,74LS147,74LS89,74LS181)
Bread Boards, Connecting Wires
7 segment LED Displays
A candidate is required to perform 5 experiments. Emphasis should be given on the estimation of error in the data taken. Innovative experiment: One more experiment designed by the student or the concerned teacher or both. LAB EXPERIMENT LIST : Module – 1: Generation of Amplitude Modulation (Design using transistor or Balanced Modulator Chip (to view the
Module – 2: Generation of FM using VCO chip (to view the wave shapes)
Module – 3: Generation of PAM
Module – 4: Generation of PWM & PPM (using IC 555 Timer)
Equipment 1: Fuction generator (1MHz)
Equipment 2. Digital Oscilloscope
Equipment 3. Analog Oscilloscope
Equipment 4. Regulated power supply :
specification : Dual polarity regulated power supply (for op-amp/Digital expt) (i) ± 12volt. (ii) ± 5volt./300mA
Equipment 5. AM KIT
Equipment 5. FM KIT
In this lab students will learn how to write database query using SQL (Structered Query Language). They will also learn how to write database scripts using PL/SQL. They will learn about stored procedure, view and database function. The outcome of this lab is that after learning all these things students will be able to design a database of their own.
Hardware: Desktop computers with Dual coreprocessor and 2GB RAM and 500GB HDD
OS: Ubuntu 14.04
Software: Oracle 11g
Students would be able to understand standard algorithm designing principles
Hardware: Computer- Dual core processor, 2GB Ram, 500GB HDD, Mother Board
Software: linux OS, gcc compiler
In this lab students experience the state-of-the-art software development techniques. They learn how to work in a team. The learning outcome of this course is to make students ready for industry or research.
Hardware: Desktop Computer(Dual-core processor, 2GB RAM, 500 GB HDD), Projector
Software: LINUX OS, GIT repository
1. To develop an understanding of different algorithm design techniques & to implement them
2. To improve the logical ability of designing and analyzing algorithms
3. Efficient program writing capability
1. Students would be able to design & implement any data structure properly
2. Students would be able to implement any problem by writing their own algorithm
3. By analyzing the logic of any algorithm, students would be able to write efficient program
a. An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
b. To become an efficient programmer
Computers with gcc compiler
We are glad that you preferred to contact us. Please fill our short form and one of our friendly team members will contact you back.