Prof. Rahul Baidya
The lecture on “Applying for Research Grants to Different Funding Bodies” was delivered keeping in mind that many Faculty members are interested in applying to different funding bodies to apply for research grants. It also paved the way for young research scholars to think about pursuing research work in varied fields and how to go about getting financial support. The lecture covered the following topics
- How Grant writing is an important part of your professional growth strategy.
- Build individual credentials.
- Build a track record of funding.
- Work on teams with more experienced researchers
- What the funder looks for:
High-quality research: an original contribution to knowledge in the field.
Outputs: what will be the impact of the research?
Academic record: evidence of research potential
- Approaching funding agencies:
Basic information such as names, addresses, contact details, present occupation, Present employer /CV/information about educational background is often needed
- Background questions to approach grant applications with
- Selecting a funding agency
- Constructing an application framework
- Grant application contents checklist
- Guidelines for statement of project methods
- Literature review and study questions
- Research Methodology:
What methods are to be used in the research?
Why have they been chosen?
How will you set about answering the questions?
Are the research aims clear, can they be realized?
- Funding opportunities for Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) under DST
- Funding opportunities of West Bengal DST under R&D Project
- Funding opportunities of CSIR Research Grants
- Funding opportunities under University Grants Commission (UGC)
- Current call for proposals in Specific Domain